Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hello Fashionista,

Today is my first day of blogging. This blog will present you with fashion trends, tips and new ways to style yourself on an affordable budget. You will learn the latest fashion trends, find good deals and most important you will feel good about who you are.

Today I will share with you two recent pieces I found at a garage sale and vintage shop. Vintage shops are the best, especially if you can recognize trends and brand names. It is important to look at items and think how you could bring them up to date. The best thing about vintage clothing/jewelry is typically you will only find one of each item, which means you will be the only one to have the treasure. It's like finding the treasure in the treasure hunt.

This past weekend I bought a dress for under $20.00. Today I am wearing it and I can't explain how compliments I have already received. Pictures will be posted later. The good thing about a vintage dress, is typically they are one of a kind. Nobody else will be able to find the exact same one. The dress I bought came with a different belt. You will need to be able to bring it up to date. For example the belt it came with, was small and thin. I accessorized the dress with a thicker black belt. I could now use the original belt for a headband. Please see pictures.

A couple of weeks ago I found this fantastic old bracelet at a garage sale. The lady wanted $5.00 and I asked if she would take $3.00. A garage sale is the best time to bargain. Try to bargain, but be polite and make sure you are being reasonable!

Old jewelry and vintage dresses are in style. Have you found any vintage dresses or jewelry lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment